As the end of the school year fast approaches, you may be thinking about the soon-to-be high school graduate in your life. Whether this is your own child, a grandchild, niece, nephew, or just a close friend, getting them a graduation gift can be a great way to show them you care and give them a great start in their college career. Here are ten of the best gifts for high school graduates.
- Car. A car is a great way to send your budding academic into the adult world. And, it will make them an immediate hit with the rest of the freshman class. Come visit us at Bakersfield Mazda and we’ll give you a great deal on a quality used or new car.
- Bicycle. If you can’t afford a car, a bicycle is a fantastic alternative to a car. Not only will it get them from point A to point B, but it is a great form of exercise.
- Gift card. Do a little research and find out what stores are close to where they’ll be headed this fall and get them a gift card. If they’ll be taking a car, a gas card is a great option that is guaranteed to be used.
- Noise cancelling headphones. These are great for studying in dorms. They cut out all the extra noise and will help your student focus on their work.
- Laptop. The portability of a laptop is essential for many college students.
- Luggage. Having a quality suitcase is a great option for students, especially those who “go away” to college and will be travelling frequently.
- Games. While board games may seem old-school, they are a simple way to create a fun night and possibly make a few new friends.
- Digital camera. Of course, many people use their smartphones to take pictures, having a quality digital camera may encourage your student to take a few more quality pictures to send home.
- Alarm clock. Waking up for those 8 AM classes can be quite a challenge, so getting them a reliable alarm clock (instead of just using their phone) may help. Take a look at this rolling alarm clock that only lets you hit the snooze once before it rolls out of reach.
- Cash. If all else fails, give your graduate some cash. They can always use to buy a book or two for their upcoming classes.
How will you be celebrating the high school graduate in your life?