Food is almost always more delicious when cooked on a grill, which is why we love the summer. We all have our cookout favorites, like the traditional hot dogs, hamburgers, and steak, but if you want to take your cookout to the next level, here are some new options for side dishes for cookouts:
- Asparagus and Tomato Skewers. Put cherry tomatoes on a skewer and put them on the grill alongside some asparagus. Dip them in honey mustard for a smoky, sweet flavor.
- Garden Pasta Salad. This simple dish will add a rainbow of color to your plate. With only 10 minutes of prep time, it’s an easy addition to your picnic.
- Bacon and Egg Potato Salad. This side might make you think you’re eating breakfast with crispy bacon, hard-boiled eggs, and a creamy dressing.
- Sweet Corn Pudding. This creamy casserole uses corn freshly cut from the cob. Add heavy cream and cheese for a delightful dish.
- Sausage and Basil Stuffed Tomatoes. With so much goodness stuffed inside these summer-ripe tomatoes, you might not have much room left for that second cheeseburger.
Do you have any favorite side dishes for cookouts? Share them with Bakersfield Mazda below!
For the sixth year in a row, the Mazda MX-5 Miata has taken home the top spot in its segment in the J.D. Power Initial Quality Survey. This is the last year for the third-generation Miata and great close for the 2015 model.
2015 Mazda MX-5 recently took home a sixth J.D. Power Initial Quality Award
“This marks a great bookend for our third-generation MX-5 ahead of welcoming in the all-new 2016 model,” said Robert Davis, senior vice president of operations for Mazda North American Operations, in a statement. “Enthusiasts the world over have fallen in love with MX-5 for more than 25 years because of its performance, reliability, ease of use and, most of all, the smile it puts on the face of everyone who drives one. We expect that to continue into the next generation of our flagship roadster.”
In the study, J.D. Power surveyed more than 86,000 new car owners and lessees who took home a 2015 model year vehicle. The respondents reported any issues they encountered within the first 90 days of ownership.
The 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata claimed the overall top spot in the “Compact Sporty Car” segment. The third-generation model has earned this honor in all but one year since 2006.
Looking towards the future, the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata will be available this month at Bakersfield Mazda.